ANNUAL MUSIC COMPETITION
The Ruby Holland Foundation Annual Music Competition is a national competition offering aspiring musicians /artists – string and voice players a chance to compete under the guidance of an internationally renowned panel of judges Prizes range from $100 to the top $500, Plus Medal of Excellence. All judges’ decisions are final. The top 3 winners for each category are invited to perform at the Foundation’s Gala Event, October 24th, 2021. This event is held in Orlando, Florida.
Elizabeth Fullington – Artist Engagement.
- Each First Prize winner in conjunction with the monetary award will also receive the foundation’s Ahtram Ybur Certificate of Distinction. This is the foundation's most prestigious Laureate Award.
- All winners will automatically be recognized on the Foundation website and at the Annual Foundation Concert event
- All winners get the opportunity to meet with celebrity judge for a one on one coaching session either in person or via Zoom Meeting
Ahtram Ybur symbolizes strength, wisdom, creativity, perseverance, and vision
JUNIOR DIVISION (Ages 15 years old and under)
1st Place – $100 cash prize, plus Medal of Excellence
2nd Place – $75 cash prize, plus Award Ribbon
3rd Place – $50 cash prize, plus Award Ribbon
YOUNG ARTIST (16 years old to 22)
1st Place – $300 cash prize, plus Medal of Excellence
2nd Place – $100 cash prize, plus Award Ribbon
3rd Place – $50 cash prize, plus Award Ribbon
VIRTUOSO (23 years old to 30)
1st Place – $500 cash prize ‘Plus Medal of Excellence
2nd Place – $100 cash prize plus Award Ribbon
3rd Place – $75 cash prize plus Award Ribbon
** Honorable Mention plus Ribbon 4th and 5th places
NOTE: Young Artist and Virtuoso Competitors must file a W-9 to receive prize money
NO EXCEPTIONS ARE MADE ON DEADLINES WITH RECEIPT OF MATERIALS. QUESTIONS MAY BE DIRECTED TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instrument categories are Piano, Violin, Viola, Fiddle, Cello, Guitar, Ukulele, Flute, Oboe and Voice.
- Participants in the Junior Division – must be 15 and under, but not have reached their 16th birthday by January 29, 2021.
- Participants in the Young Artist Division must be at least 16 years old but not have reached their 22nd birthday by January 30, 2021.
- Participants in the Virtuoso Musician must be at least 23 years old but not have reached their 31st birthday by January 30, 2021.
- Must be a U.S. resident or have a valid U.S visa at the time of applying and performing. Scanned copy of birth certificate or document indicating US citizenship or legal residence.
- Additional questions about eligibility, please contact Competition@RubyHollandFoundation.org.
- Prior 1st Place Competition winners in any division or category of the music competition cannot apply.
Application ProcessCLICK HERE TO APPLY
- The foundation acknowledges the effects of our current conditions with the Covid pandemic where many are adjusting to virtual music sessions. In order to give everyone a fair chance to participate, we have moved the deadline to apply from Monday, December 30th , 2020, @ 11:59pm EST to Monday, January 18th, 2021 (no late applications will be accepted)
- Incomplete applications will disqualify the applicant from being considered.
- First Cut Audition : March 14th, 2021
- Winner’s Announced:: March 24th, 2021
- Grand Gala Recognition and Performance October 24th 2021
Online Application Requirements
- Video audition – please refer to the audition repertoire requirements
- Current copy of biography
- Repertoire list – 2 contrasting pieces ONLY
- Please choose repertoire that is well prepared and that shows your highest level of technique and musicality
- High Resolution headshot required. Minimum 300 dpi. (Professional photography not required)
- Total duration of Video Recordings:
- a. JUNIOR: 6 minutes – not to exceed 8 minutes
- b. YOUNG ARTIST: 8 minutes – not to exceed 10 minutes
- c. VIRTUOSO: 10 minutes not to exceed 15 minutes
(See below video submission guides for RHFA 2021 Music Competition)
Terms and Conditions
By signing this application, I fully accept and agree to the following: I have read and agreed to the Ruby Holland Foundation Music Competition Terms and Conditions, deadlines and policies. I confirm that I would like to participate in the Ruby Holland Foundation Music Competition, but that acceptance is at the discretion of RHFA.
I understand that the information in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and that the audition recording submitted with the application is my own unedited performance. I also understand that applicants are required to follow the competition’s regulations, RHF reserves the right to terminate applicant from participation in the competition due to violation of RHF regulations and there will be no refund of fees paid. Applicants are expected to adhere to basic standards of honesty and character. Plagiarism, dishonesty and cheating in RHF music competitions are prohibited and will result in terminating the applicant’s participation.
I understand that registration fee is due at the time registration is submitted. Registration fees are non-refundable.
I release RHF, and its agents and employees, from all claims, demands, and causes of action because of any injury, illness, or loss which may occur during my participation in the music competition. FHF is not responsible for safeguard of the instruments or personal objects. By registering for the RHF music competition, I acknowledge that I grant permission to the RHF to use any photograph or video containing my likeness. Such images may be used for promotional, news, research or educational purposes. I agree to all statements made above.